Summer 2017 Tutoring Curricula
Individual Summer Tutoring Sessions Curriculum to be completed in 4 to 10 sessions.
The more sessions scheduled, the more in-depth the exposure, study and practice can be.
When I work with students, I base actual lesson plans on individual needs. Curricula will incorporate the following focuses based on students’ needs and use texts in a variety of literary genres and writing styles including classic and contemporary literature. Students will progress to the next grade level when they master the current one.
Curriculum Focus for 4th and 5th Grade Students:
- Text exposure: short stories, poetry, novel excerpts
- Vocabulary building and spelling strategies
- Comprehension practice
- Clear reading response and self-expression in writing
Curriculum Focus for Middle School Students:
- Learning annotation skills
- Vocabulary building
- Writing for clarity and with detail
- Learning techniques of revision
- Writing mechanics: grammar, punctuation, sentence structures
Curriculum Focus for Incoming High School Students:
- How to write a high school essay: thesis building, topic sentence generation, opening hooks, and conclusions
- Strengthening annotation skills
- Learning techniques of rigorous revision
- Capturing hobbies and passions in writing
- Developing a writing voice
- Beginning research
Curriculum Focus for High School Students:
- Academic writing using secondary sources
- Strengthening speaking and discussion building skills
- Advancing annotation skills
- Advancing rigorous revision techniques
- Listening and responding to teachers’ recommendations
- Documenting skills and activities for resume building
- How to personalize college application essays
- Developing the advanced use of research skills
- Understanding both sides of an argument
Curriculum Focus for College Students:
- Academic writing incorporating multiple secondary sources
- Maintaining an argumentative edge in writing
- Communicating in real-world settings, creating proper letter formats, etc.
- Advanced research using online databases
- Discerning critical interpretations from scholarly articles
- Presenting both sides of an argument.
The schedule below is designed to show my open spots. Listing might not reflect all openings.
Please contact me to request a tutoring spot.
Thank you. firstname.lastname@example.org (913) 328-2396
Summer 2017 Schedule
|10:00-11:00 pending||10:00-11:00 filled||10:00-11:00||10:00-11:00||10:00-11:00|
|11:00-12:00 filled June||11:00-12:00 filled June|
|12:00-1:00 pending||12:00-1:00 filled||12:00-1:00||12:00-1:00 filled June||12:00-1:00 filled June|
|6:00-7:00 filled||6:15-7:15 SKYPE||6:00-7:00|
|7:00-8:00 filled||7:15-8:15 SKYPE|
Additional weekend and evening sessions available as needed.